St Helen, Boultham, LINCOLN and Holy Cross, Boultham, LINCOLN
Our first visit in January 2011 was to St Helen’s church Boultham, Lincoln. This church was dedicated in 1280 and the bell appears to be the original and is therefore the oldest in Lincoln.
St Helen’s church Boultham Lincoln
As the Boultham area of Lincoln grew St Helen’s church became too small for the increased population and it became clear that a new Church was needed. On September 16th 1939, the foundation stone was laid and the building was consecrated by the Bishop of Lincoln on 21st December 1940.
Holy Cross Church, Boultham, Lincoln
Back to Past Visits Main Page.