BRACEBRIDGE, All Saints.
It was a well-attended visit to All Saints, Bracebridge for our November outing.
It is thought the church was built between 1013 and 1066 – a time of peace and prosperity in Lincolnshire. It is understood the nave dates from this time and there is much evidence in and outside the church to support this supposition. The south aisle, Presbytery and Chancel were added during the 13th Century and the North Transept in the 19th century. There are many interesting things to see namely the old chest thought to be 16th century, the Norman font and the “leper window”. The church has produced an excellent visitor’s guide which provides detailed information about the church and the local history from the 11th to the 20th Century.
Thanks to Max Kitchen for the photographs and Annette Radcliffe for the report.
Back to Past Visits Main Page.